Friday 21 May 2010

The many faces of Oscar

My friend Joan blogged about her little dog Buttercup this week, as she was giving her an at-home haircut.  So it made me think that I should blog about Oscar's many styles.  Here are some of his hair-dos and hair-don'ts!

I adopted Oscar (Lhasa Apso) in August 2004 when he was 6 years old.  He was nicely groomed when he came to me.



When the time came to take him for his first haircut, I didn't really know what to do.  I thought I might try my hand at it first, but needed someone to show me how.  Someone volunteered, but that turned into 2.5 hours of torture for Oscar and I vowed not to put him through that again.



So, over the years, I attempted it the best I could.  At first I thought I'd grow his hair out and attempt to do the traditional Lhasa look.  This was as far as I went before I decided HELL NO!



This is MUCH better.  My first attempt at a haircut (but you can't see the Grinchy legs/feet)

The following are more styles over the years:






I've clipped his ears really short several times, but it's not a look I like for him.  Now I leave them long.





The beard is also not such a great look, and it holds a lot of water when he drinks!

He was due for a haircut here - this was right after I dunked him in the pool to cool off on a hot July day.




this one was from May 2009 - and I decided to document the "other dog" that ended up on the floor!
















For all the hair I shaved off this fella over the years, he could have singlehandedly cleaned up the current oil disaster..








And finally, April 2010 - his first professional grooming at Tailwagrrrs  in Bedford.  What a great job, legs, feet and all!



What was your favourite of Oscar's looks?  Let me know!

3 comments:

ROCK the CANINE CASBAH said...

LOVE IT ... Oscar looks so regal in his new cut! Love the array of styles ... he is lucky to have you in his life!

Medusa's mom said...

What is my favorite Oscar look? Seriously??

doglove said...

You know you love him!! *grins*