Sunday 22 February 2009

One word: Amazing!



Reposted with permission from Boxer Rescue of Atlantic Canada

That's what I am - everyone says so. I went to see my vet this week and I lost count of how many times he said it. I wish I was able to work the camera so you'd be able to see the look n his face when he saw me walk in there with my giant attitude. All of the ladies in the office too - they couldn't believe what a handsome dog I turned in to. Some of them didn't see me since I fit into my foster mom's hand and she had me in her shirt to keep me warm. Well, I showed them! I walked in there all by myself and did the stairs and everything. People were in the waiting area and I went to visit every one of them.

My appointment went very well My cleft palate has changed a whole lot and my foster mom told my vet that it was very recent. So, again, he asked her if we could wait a little while before doing my surgery because it may move and grow some more with me. So, she agreed since I was doing well. We have to be very careful to watch for any sign of infection though. Since I'm eating all of this yummy food and I still have a hole in my mouth (I have 2, actually) I can get an infection very easily. So, as long s I keep doing well what we're going to do is wait until I grow some more and just watch my mouth. They mentioned something about having my mouth done when I was old enough to be castrated. I think they're just making that word up - it sounds too scary to be a real word.

So, with that I have big news. I have a forever home and a new mom, sister and brother! My foster mom knows her very well and she said that I'm very lucky to have this home. My new mom has volunteered with Boxer Rescue of Atlantic Canada for a long time and my foster mom said that she was even ok with letting me go because I would be very well cared for and I would still keep in touch.

I'm a few hours from my foster mom but we're going to talk on messenger a lot. Then, when I'm big enough I'm going to go back to visit my foster mom and my friends to see my vet again. He's going to do my surgery and hopefully I'll be a 'normal' puppy and eat whatever I want. I'm still going to look the same from the outside and I'm always going to have my confidence and strong personality to go with that. My new mom mentioned that maybe when I'm an adult that she will let me visit kids in the hospital with facial deformities so I can help them feel better. I hope I get to do that. I really like visiting people.

I'm going to keep writing my blog and adding pictures so all of you can see how handsome I am and how well I'm doing. Thanks to everyone who supported me and helped me get this far. I love you all!

XOXO

Brosa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are one special pupper... we love you Brosa

Sybil said...

Good dog Brosa. Good dog.