Monday 9 January 2012

It's NOT Osteosarcoma!

I spent a long morning on pins and needles, but Delta is doing well!

The xrays were clear and the tumor was removed without any issues - good margins were taken and still there was enough tissue to stitch the incision closed.

She was a very good girl for them, and a tired one tonight.  I have a make-shift xpen created in my living room to keep her quiet and the rowdy boys away from her.  She has been sleeping the evening away on the pillows in the space.

To say I'm relieved is an understatement!  There is always the possibility that the tumors will recur, but for now, we are in the happiest of places that Delta will be with us for a while longer, with any luck.  Photos to come later. :)

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Whohoo!! That is pawsome news!!!! I am thrilled to read the great news....and she looks so comfy and cozy in her temporary digs!!

(((Hugs0) your friends
Oskar, Schatzi & Xena