Sunday 28 April 2013

Delta, my lemon, strikes again

A couple of weeks ago, I came home from work to find that the outer corner of Delta's left eye, inside the lid, had a large fleshy lump which was bleeding.  I considered giving her Poly drops but decided to err on the side of caution and took her to the Emergency Vet instead.




We were seen right away, and told that it could be a stye, or a growth/mass of some sort.  We were provided with an antibiotic drop to treat it as if it was a stye, to see if it would go down some (it has, but not all the way).

At our follow up appointment with our vet last Monday, he confirmed that what she has is a growth on her tear duct, which is common in older dogs and can only be removed with laser surgery.  This is booked for Tuesday of this week.

In the meantime, I was preparing for, and had, Lasik eye surgery last week.

My girl, trying to upstage me. ;)

1 comment:

Sara said...

You know how they say people who live together soon find their cycles/moods, whatever get in sync? Looks like you and Delta are in total sync. That's lovely, actually.