Wednesday 20 July 2011

Musher's Secret

BROSA AT LAST YEAR'S PRIDE PARADE

The annual Halifax Pride Parade is coming up this weekend, and once again, Brosa and I will attend.  Last year I opted not to march in the parade with him at the last moment simply because it was too darn hot!  In the photo above, we were in the shade on the grass during the parade.

So this year, we're going to attempt it again.  We've had a streak of very cool weather here in Nova Scotia lately, which ended last weekend.  The forecast is looking like mid to high 20s on Saturday, so we'll have to see.

Because of the hot weather, I am concerned about the hot pavement on Brosa's paws.  A little bit of internet research revealed that the same paw-protector wax used in the winter time to protect against snow/ice/salt, is also effective protection against hot pavement.  Never fear though - should Saturday arrive with too hot temperatures, I will likely bow out of the parade again, or at least, leave him at home in the air-conditioning.

I was directed to a local supplier, whose website appeared to carry Musher's Secret (this is the brand which came up most prominently in my research).  Dogs in Gear Canine Sports Supplier's Stephanie returned my message right away and would be able to supply me with a jar.

And small world - Stephanie already is familiar with this blog!  Thanks for coming out to meet us tonight Stephanie, and sorry again for the Turd's exuberant greetings with you and the paw prints he left behind. ;)

1 comment:

SeaMaiden said...

Hopefully the weather cooperates and Brosa gets to the parade!

I'm sure the Musher's Secret will help. I love the stuff! Sometimes I use it on my own dry spots.

I loved meeting you and the dogs! Don't worry about the paw prints. My two tend to get me much messier than that. I'm lucky to get out of the house without mud or slobber on something or other. It's part of the joy of sharing your life with dogs!

Here's hoping for perfect weather on Saturday!