Saturday 7 May 2011

Oscar's still hanging on!

Honestly, I thought by today I would have had to say goodbye to Oscar.  He had begun to stop eating about 1.5 weeks ago.  Thankfully, a friend suggested that I try Medi-cal Recovery canned food for him and he LOVED it - it got him eating again.  I was prepared to live with the results of eating this food (diarrhea/soft stools) but so far, it hasn't been an issue at all except for the pungent aroma going in, AND coming out, lol!

Last weekend, I decided to make a simple ground beef recipe for him at the suggestion of our friend Lee Anne.  It's just ground beef, diced sweet potatoes, chopped green beans, and a large can of Aylmer Accents Petite Cut Tomatoes in Garlic and Olive Oil.  Well, he absolutely loves this too (as do Delta and Brosa).  The first time I fed him last Sunday morning, he threw it up about 5 hours later - I thought he was having trouble digesting it, but it was more likely the fact that I bathed him and took him for a drive that day.

Why did I torment him with a bath?  Because we went to Sabrina Thurlow Photography to get his portrait taken!  His breakfast ended up on her floor (and not her backdrop as I moved him off there just in time thank goodness!).  We spent about 1/2 an hour there and got some very cute pictures.  When I went to view them on Thursday, I couldn't just pick one, and so I purchased the Pet package to get all of the photos on a dvd with the purchase of a certain value of prints/collages.  Here is one photo I can share (I added a "soft glow" effect to it as the photos on the dvd are unretouched - my prints I choose will be touched up in places by Sabrina).



I'm very happy that Oscar hasn't left us yet.  That day will inevitably come, but for now, he's still eating, he's still having good elimination habits (meaning his organs still work), and he's still my rat bastard.  :)

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

What a gorgeous portrait!! We are keeping our paws crossed that your beloved Oscar continues to do better.

(((Hugs)) your friends
Oskar, Schatzi & Xena